Take the First Step: Invest in your Future
When we we’re young, depending on the family or environment we grow up with, proper protection like life Insurance, Health Insurance and Investment are not commonly discussed. We are unaware of its benefits – to us and especially to our family.
I was skeptical also about it because of hearsays from relatives and friends. I do have Health Care /Medical especially when I was employed here in the Philippines and abroad, but I’m not aware of its full potential. I realized it sooner when I attended Free Financial Literacy class of IMG in Makati office how you can properly build up strong Financial Foundation.
As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) myself, I was enlightened by the great information I learned from the class. Most probably, it not all, and by first-hand experience, OFW’s go home without enough savings and sometimes still have recurring debt. I have known some at the age of 60 still working overseas to support his family and extended families. What happened you may asked? Also, remembering this scenario made me think, what my life would be at the age of 60? Am I still working or enjoying the remaining days of my life?
The phenomena of OFW’s going home broke, most probably due to underlying factors:
- No Proper or Strong Financial Foundation of both OFW and Family.
- Without it proper Financial foundation, both OFW and family may opt to overspending that could result of having no savings and worst case scenario, fall into debt.
- Change of Life style or habit
- Admit it or not, we opt to purchase something we don’t have before when we are young like shoes, etc. Sometimes peer pressure is the common culprit and influence of mass media.
- Manana habit or Procrastination
- One of the culprit also is being lazy and having to adapt the habits of “mamaya na, saka na yan pag mas Malaki na sweldo ko”. Believe me if you cannot save small amount now how could you in the future. Hope you could.
Yes! We can take charge of our future by investing in Financial Education and right discipline. It could be hard at first but with dedication and perseverance – goal is achievable. Remember that you and your family’s future is not in the hands of others, but in your hands.
Remember that to attain financial independence you must have discipline, dedication and perseverance. List down your goal and stick with it. Read Books and attend Financial Literacy Class (Free or Paid). Apply the knowledge that you learned from it. Learn how to save and invest the right way.
As for me, I could have retire earlier if I have known how to save and invest the right way earlier. But is not too late to learn. I suggest to keep on learning and attend financial literacy class at IMG and learn the following:
- 6 Steps to Financial Security
- How to Prepare for your financial future: X-Curve Concept
- How Money Works (The Rule of 72)
- Prosperity Formula
- How to Build Wealth – the safe and correct way
- Learn how to beat inflation
Strong Financial Foundation could lead into a better future for you and your family. Don’t procrastinate and start now. Congrats if you already did! You are in the right tract. Share also to your family and friends what you had learn. “Di ba sharing is good”.
Move Forward! Invest in your Future and Take Action!
Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mario.manahan.9